(Effective as of January 1, 2020; Updated as of January 16, 2020)
Terms not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to those terms by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA,” Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et set.), the regulations to the CCPA, and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPAA,” Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code §22575 et seq.)
II. Collection, Disclosure, and Use of Personal Information
Summary of DMS ’s Collection and Use of Personal Information
DMS collects certain personal information from job applicants, employees, contractors, employee beneficiaries, and other related people as required by law and as required for the Company’s human resource (“HR”) processes.
For example, personal information commonly collected by the Company includes information submitted in online and paper job applications, personal information included on HR and payroll forms, performance reviews, and job-related electronic communications and services (such as log-in identifications). Generally, this information is collected in order to comply with the Company’s legal obligations and HR practices.
DMS respects each persons’ right to privacy, including the right to data privacy. Therefore, the Company processes sensitive personal data only as needed to meet legal obligations and retains all personal information securely in compliance with all applicable laws. The Company also works with its vendors to ensure compliance with applicable privacy requirements where personal information collected by the Company is shared with those vendors in the regular course of business.
Table of DMS ’s Collection, Disclosure and Use of Personal Information
Below is a table that explains what personal information the Company has collected over the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which the Company collected the information, and the categories of Third Parties and Service Providers with whom the Company shares the personal information. Additionally, the table identifies whether or not the Company has sold or otherwise made available to Third Parties for a commercial purpose any category of personal information within the past twelve months.
III. Statement of Consumers’ California Rights With Respect to Their Personal Information
Summary of Consumers' Rights
The CCPA grants consumers (California residents) certain rights with respect to their personal information. The Company respects the privacy rights of consumers and endeavors to make known to and comply fully with the rights granted to consumers by the CCPA.
In summary, the CCPA grants consumers the following rights:
- The right to request disclosure of the Company’s data collection and business practices in connection with the requesting consumer. This disclosure right includes the right to request disclosure of: (1) The categories of personal information the Company has collected about the consumer; (2) The categories of sources from which the Company collects the personal information; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom the Company shares personal information; and, (5) The specific pieces of personal information the Company collects about the consumer upon request.
- The right to not be discriminated against by the Company because the consumer exercised any right granted to the consumer by the CCPA.
These rights, however, are subject to limitation.
- If a consumer shares with the Company the consumer’s personal information in the following capacities and the information is used by the Company solely within the context of the consumer acting in such capacity, then the Consumer, pursuant to the CCPA, does not have the right to “Request to Know,” “Request to Delete,” or the “Request to Opt-Out” with respect to such information:
- Personal information that is collected by the Company about a consumer in the course of the consumer acting as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of the Company.
- Personal information that is collected by the Company about a consumer that is the emergency contact information of a consumer who acts as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of the Company.
- Personal information that is collected by the Company about a consumer that is necessary for the Company to retain to administer benefits for another consumer who acts as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of the Company.
- The rights summarized above shall not apply to a consumer who shares personal information with the Company in a transaction between the Company and the consumer, where the consumer acts as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of another company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency and the transaction occurs in the context of the Company conducting due diligence regarding, providing, or receiving a product or service to or from the consumer who acts as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of another company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency.
IV: Contact for more information
If you have any questions or concerns about the Company’s privacy policies and practices, you can contact Ashley Ferguson at (559) 224-9900.